ELFA software guide identifies tech trends for equipment finance companies
U.S. – As the U.S. economy continues to improve and new technology solutions enter the marketplace, equipment finance companies are modernizing their IT systems and using technology in new ways to solve problems and create opportunity, says t he ‘ 2014 Software Guide ’ by the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association. The report outlines some key technology trends for equipment finance companies in 2014:
- Integration: Integrating disparate systems is a goal for many equipment finance companies. Rather than managing multiple independent applications, companies are seeking to connect their systems and consolidate their data so they can see the big picture.
- Data Security: In an expanding regulatory environment, equipment finance companies are using secure solutions that protect customers’ information
- Cloud Computing : Cloud computing is expected to increasingly be a factor in equipment finance companies’ software upgrades/acquisition.
- Business Process Outsourcing: Some equipment finance companies are looking to outsource business processes, such as their accounts payable, or having third parties automate certain processes, such as document creation.
- Efficiency: A new generation of software solutions is available to help equipment finance companies modify and manage their business processes more nimbly and effectively.
- Mobile Apps: Self-service mobile applications are starting to gain traction, allowing sales teams in the field to meet end-user customers and input data on-site using mobile tools such as tablets.