ELFA establishes ‘Hall of Fame’
San Diego, CA--The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) has established the ‘Equipment Finance Hall of Fame’ to annually recognize individuals who have made unique, significant, or lasting contributions to the equipment finance industry throughout their careers. ELFA president and CEO William G. Sutton, CAE, announced the new program and the inaugural class of 10 inductees.
“We are excited to announce the creation of the Equipment Finance Hall of Fame to honor remarkable individuals who have given so much to our industry and our association,” said Sutton. “We are grateful for the committee of former ELFA Board Chairmen who worked diligently under the direction of the ELFA Board to create this program. Congratulations to all the inaugural inductees, whose influence is enduring and inspirational.”
ELFA Chairman Adam Warner, president of Key Equipment Finance, named the following 10 individuals to the ‘Equipment Finance Hall of Fame’:
- Abe Bernstein – Founder of Fidelity Leasing and industry mentor
- Spencer Wiscomb Clawson (1915-1994) – Founding father and first president of ELFA and founder of Security Loan & Finance Company
- Michael J. Fleming (1938-2014) – Industry icon, the face of leasing in Washington, D.C., and long-time leader of ELFA
- John H. Giddens – Leading force in transitioning ELFA into a modern professional industry trade association
- Adolf Sonny Monosson (1926-2003) – Pioneer of computer equipment leasing and founder of numerous leasing entities
- Peter K. Nevitt (1927-2002) – Father of leveraged and synthetic leases and prolific industry author
- Ken N. Pontikes (1940-1994) – Founder of Comdisco and a pioneer in independent IT leasing
- James H. Possehl – Founder of Republic Financial and an independent middle-market leasing visionary
- Bob Stubbs – Founder of TriContinental Leasing and dedicated ELFA volunteer
- Thomas C. Wajnert – Leasing pioneer, multi-talented entrepreneur and founder of AT&T Credit Corporation
More information about each inductee is available on the Equipment Finance Hall of Fame website at www.elfaonline.org/hof/.