ELFA announces 2015 inductees to ‘Equipment Finance Hall of Fame’
Washington, DC--The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) has named seven industry leaders to the ‘2015 Class of the Equipment Finance Hall of Fame’. ELFA Chairman Robert Rinaldi, Chief Executive Officer of Commercial Industrial Finance, Inc., announced the honorees this morning at the General Session of the 54th ELFA Annual Convention in San Antonio, Texas.
The 2015 inductees are:
- Ian J. Berg (1941–2009) – Founder of Copelco Financial Services Group and innovator of healthcare, copier and high-tech leasing
- Joseph C. Lane – Technology financing pioneer and devoted champion of equipment finance
- P.A. (Paul) Larkins – Industry trailblazer, mentor and dedicated volunteer
- James D. McGrane (1954–2014) – Inspirational leader, relationship builder and multitalented entrepreneur
- Bernard J. McKenna (1933–2010) – Tireless industry supporter and active philanthropist
- William J. Montgomery – Captive and vendor finance visionary and founder of numerous leasing entities, including Xerox Credit Corporation
- Henry B. Schoenfeld (1916–1976) – Founder and first President of US Leasing, the first equipment leasing company
“We are thrilled to recognize the distinguished group of individuals who make up the 2015 Class of the Equipment Finance Hall of Fame,” said ELFA President and CEO William G. Sutton, CAE. “These industry pioneers have contributed so much to our industry and our association. Their accomplishments—from blazing new trails in equipment finance, to mentoring the next generation, to serving our association—leave a lasting legacy that will inspire generations to come.”
The ELFA Board of Directors established the Equipment Finance Hall of Fame in 2014 to annually recognize individuals who have made unique, significant or lasting contributions to the equipment finance industry throughout their careers.